Sunday, June 26, 2011

First Training Run in NYC

On Saturday 6/18, I went down to NYC to participate in one of the Fred's Team Training runs.  It was great!  The part that wasn't ideal is that there is no train that could get me from my Dad and Mary's down to Central Park to make the 7AM run, so I had to drive.  And to get to the run in time, I had to leave the house before 5AM.  Aside from the early morning, it was great to be in the city and also to feel like part of the training team. 

This is a picture of the reservoir at about 6:20AM.  I was definitely not awake when I took this picture, but it was a beautiful morning.

The training run was 8 miles which was two 4 mile loops around central park.  I am hoping to make another run or two this summer.  Being in the city made me even that more excited for the race!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment