Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Other than running...a little art maybe?

Last year I started oil painting and have been taking a class through the past two winters and into this spring.  I really love it.  It's fun to pretend I can hang with the other artsy folks.  I never know any of the artists anyone brings up, so I just nod and pretend like I do.  It doesn't help that the last art class I took before last year was most likely in 7th grade.  Anyway, yesterday was my last class from the latest session and I most likely will stop for the summer just because it's hard to fit in along with running 3 times during the week with this training program.  Below are two of the paintings that I have done recently.   

The first painting is Lisa "original".


This next painting is actually a copy of a Georgia O'Keeffe painting called "Above the Clouds".


Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment