Monday, October 10, 2011

Columbus Day Weekend

It was a 4 day weekend for me this weekend and I managed to pack in a lot in just 4 days.  My family was in town and Friday was a great day for a golf tournament.  On Saturday I had my longest training run to date...20 miles.  I'm so glad that's over and I can focus on tapering down to race day.  On Saturday we also managed to squeeze in a tour on Fenway Park and lunch at the Top of the Hub.  Did you know that there are a lot of stairs to walk up and down on the Fenway tour.  You may not have noticed that unless you ran 20 miles in the morning.  Here's a picture of my Dad in front of the scoreboard.


Today was the Tufts 10K for Women.  It was my first time running it.  Since I had to run 7 miles for my training run today, I figured a 10K would be a perfect way to get that in and have water stops along the way.  It was a great race.  Probably one of my most fun ever.  I never thought running 6.2 miles would be a treat, but it is when you just ran 20 miles.  Anyway, I was going to take it easy and see how I felt.  It was 80 degrees today, so I didn't want to push it.  But, when I started running and felt good, I decided to try and break an hour.  That was my long shot goal.  I almost did it too finishing in 1:00:48.  A pace of 9:48 per mile and I finished 1793rd out of 7500 people.  I'm pretty psyched about that.  And I had a great cheering section of the Wells so that helped my finish too!  At the first two water stops, they had run out of full cups, so I had to pour my own water which definitely slowed things down by the time I got a cup and some water.  I'm convinced if it wasn't for that, I would have beaten an hour.  Next year for sure!

Lisa

2 comments:

  1. You are a serious warrior now! So fun to watch you run. Richie was still saying (when we got home), "Go Ladies, go!".

    ReplyDelete