Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fall is Here

Why is it that we all complain about the weather?  It definitely falls into the category of "things we can't control, but everyone still complains about it".  So just to add to the list of things we complain about that we can't control...this getting dark earlier thing is really messing up my routine.  I definitely think more people would like the winter time if it just were light out until a reasonable hour.  Because it's dark by 7PM now, I need to get a move on out of work by 5PM so I can get a run in, but even then I am barely getting it in before dark.  So I went out for a run on Monday morning at 5AM to try a different approach I have to say I was a little creeped out with the morning dark silence.  Don't worry I had my reflective gear on and was staying in lit areas and not wearing headphones, but still it is a little freaky to be running in the morning before anyone is up.  Where were all the runners?  I am starting to be resigned to the fact that I may have to hit the treadmill at the gym soon, but I am fighting it with all that I have because it is so much more boring.

On another note...since I have been running somewhat shorter runs during the week (about 4-4.5 miles) I am trying to get more quality than quantity and pick up the pace.  Today after work I actually ran sub-10 minute miles for the entire 4.3 miles and was even at an 8:40 pace for the last mile.  Hello speed demon!!  I mean it's all relative right.  I definitely can't keep that up and will be back to my 11 minute mile pace this Sat. for my long run, but at least I know I have it in me for a shorter distance.  I wish I could see a video on me running (I mean not really) because I feel like I am the least graceful person on the planet and probably scare people when I get "up to that speed".  They must hear this pounding coming up behind then combined with somewhat heavy breathing and wonder what the hell is coming their way.  Who cares though right?  My Mom did call me "Grace" when I was a kid and I don't really think I've changed much.   

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment