Tuesday, September 13, 2011

We're at 18 People

18 miles this past Saturday in Central Park with Fred's Team.  Holy Crap.  I had done 16 miles 3 times and then I just stepped it up this past weekend.  I actually was a little faster too.  I finished 18 miles in 3 hours 15 minutes with three stops for water/walking.  If I can keep that up, I could actually finish in under 5 hours, but we will see.  I was definitely grinding it out in the last mile. 

In another development this week, I found out today that I most likely have GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease).  Awesome.  It actually is a relief given that I thought I had all kinds of other bad things that were going to ruin my marathon run or mean I had to bail.  Now I just have to lay off the acidic foods, take some meds, and try not to stress, but running is totally fine.  Considering I have been eating acidic tomatoes like crazy, I guess it makes sense that they are fighting back.  The other ironic thing about this is now I am pretty much on the same medication as my cat.  For those who don't know, I have a 14 year old evil cat named Jasmine who has asthma as well as kidney issues.  As a result, I give her a Pepcid before her meal every day.  I mean I have to laugh because it's so ridiculous.

Lastly, my official registration card is available to download on the marathon website now.  Apparently the start times are all messed up, so that could change, but my bib number is correct.  My number is #64628 which puts me in corral 64.  My start time right now says 9:40AM which is the first start, but apparently, my start will mostly likely be 10:10AM or 10:40AM.  I don't really have a preference except that my start time could determine whether I do or don't get peed on while running across the Verrazano bridge.  The bridge is right at the start and depending on what corral you are on, you either end up on the upper or lower deck of the bridge.  I guess everyone takes a quick break to pee on the bridge and if you are on the bottom and it's windy...well..you get the idea.  I mean, like I need another thing to worry about that day.  Anyone got a poncho?

This Saturday we are kicking it up to 20 miles.  Yikes!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment