Sunday, September 25, 2011

Running Plans

What's with the muggy weather?  I thought we were supposed to have cool mornings now.  Saturday was a hot 14 mile run, but I had company for 6 miles, so that was a huge help.  Thanks Zido!  I was supposed to do 15, but quit at 14.  I also spent a few minutes hanging out in an air conditioned Tedeschi's chugging gatorade to cool down a bit. 

I still have 41 days to go to the race, but I've been asked a few times about what I will do after the marathon.  Will I run another one?  Will I keep running?  Well here's my thought which is totally premature given that I haven't even run the race yet.  I'm not sure about another marathon.  I give so much credit to anyone who has trained for one before because I never realized how all consuming it can be.  I have loved training for this, but it has been sort of like having a part time job on top of my "real" job.  I don't know how someone does it with a family and kids to look after.  That must be tough.  I know it will be worth every second if I make it to the finish line though, so running another marathon may not be out of the question, but we will see.  As far as running in general, I definitely am hooked on that on a regular basis.  I plan to try and keep up with running still a few times a week as much as I can, but I will definitely cut down the long runs.  No need to run over 6 or 8 miles unless there is a race on the horizon I don't think. 

I am headed to Phoenix on Thursday for work and will be there through Monday night.  Thanks to mapmyrun.com, I found a few routes already mapped out from my hotel.  There's a 4 and 7 mile loop that look like they run past lots of cacti. (Is it cacti or cactuses?)  Since it also looks like it will be 106 degrees in Phoenix on Friday, we will see how far I get with the long run this week.  I'm not sure even a "dry heat" of 106 sounds like fun although I am looking forward to the change of scenery!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment