Sunday, July 31, 2011

15 miles down 14 weeks to go

Finished 15 miles yesterday morning. Crazy!  It was definitely hot by the end and was tough the last few miles, but I got through it in under 3 hours.  Having a little extra encouragement on the last 6 miles definitely helped too.  It's a little overwhelming to think about running 11 more miles than that, but I am trying to just focus on the next training run and not worry about the full 26 miles yet. 

Looking at the training schedule, there are 14 more weeks until the race and 13 more long runs.  I am definitely not wishing away the rest of the summer and fall, but it's crazy to think that November isn't really that far away.  I also love the warm weather, but would really love for it to be about 15-20 degrees cooler during my runs.  Who knows...maybe I will run like a speed demon if it were just a little cooler?!

Lisa

1 comment: