Thursday, July 28, 2011

Back on track

The past two weeks felt a little off with training because of the heat mostly.  But I also think I finally hit a few days where I didn't really feel like going out to run, but dragged myself out anyway. 

This week I feel like I am back on track.  I was off from work for 3 days at the beginning of the week and was up in the Adirondacks.  I got in 3 miles total in the pouring rain up at Racquette Lake on Monday.  I had planned on the 5 in my schedule, but I had to abruptly book it back to the campground when I hear thunder.  On Wednesday I ran 5.6 miles with Melissa up at Saratoga Spa State Park.  It was such a great place for a run with great company.  Tonight I got in 8 miles which felt pretty good too. 

The real test will be Saturday when I have to run 15 miles.  Yep that's right.  15 miles.  That will be my longest run so far and would also push me over 30 miles for the week which would be a first for me too.  The plan is to run a 14.2 mile loop on the Charles between North Beacon and the Science Museum.  I am going to add a trip over the Mass. Ave bridge and back to get up to 15 miles.  I will have a running buddy for the last 5.7 miles which will be a help for the last bit too.  After this run Saturday, there are only 13 more long runs until the marathon!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment