Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July in Washington, DC


It was another great 4th of July in DC visiting John and Jay.  This was the 4th year in a row that I've gone down for a visit over the 4th!  Since I had to run 11 miles on Sunday, which was my longest run so far, John helped to map out a great route that went by all the monuments and he biked while I ran.  Here's where we went.....we started around V and 15th street, down to Pennsylvania Avenue, up and around Capitol Hill, down next to the mall past the monument, around the Jefferson Memorial, over Memorial bridge to Arlington National Cemetary, past the Lincoln memorial, past the white house and back up 15th street.  What a great run!  On the 4th, I ran down to the White House and took this picture.  And then had great food, with fun people and saw fireworks that night. 

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment