Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Death by Treadmill

OK so there was a crazy heat wave last week here in Boston.  My schedule had me running 14 miles on 7/23.  Well as we know heat waves and running don't necessarily mix.  As a result, I decided about mid-week to run on the treadmill on Saturday.  I managed to run 7.2 miles on Wednesday night, but it was definitely a hot one.  

In addition to a pool....it turns out I have a gym membership that I pay for each month.  Of course I haven't run inside since January, so I haven't used it in a while (I know I should cancel it), but I busted out the membership card just for this past weekend.  I was at the gym at 7AM sharp and I managed to get through 10.1 miles on the treadmill total.  I got through the second hour mostly because Kara showed up at the gym at 8AM to run next to me.  I can't tell you how much it helps having someone to run with.  I basically counted down the first hour to how many minutes until Kara got there and then had someone to chat with once she got there.  If anyone has any questions about what was headline news in Boston on Sat. morning between 7-9AM, I can definitely fill you in too because I watched WAY too much local TV news during that time.

I don't plan to ever have to run that far on a treadmill again.  I think 3 or 4 miles would be my max, but I managed it and hopefully won't have to do that again!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment